The heart of trade show season is just around the corner but one of the largest fashion shows of the entire year is in Las Vegas this month. The medical, pharmaceutical and chain drug stores all have major conferences all over in August. In Texas the recreational game industry has a well-timed expo that hits before peak holiday shopping show season in August’s best trade shows!
- MAGIC Las Vegas
When: August 14-16
Where: Las Vegas Convention Center and Mandalay Bay – Las Vegas, NV
The second of this semi-annual event includes 13 different major shows making it one of the most comprehensive fashion marketplaces. Retailers, purchasers and manufacturers get the lowdown on the latest apparel in footwear, accessories and trends from several major brands.
- Two different venues for several shows
- Children’s apparel, footwear, women’s and luxury apparel shows
- Four halls total for entire show
- Nearly 10,000 visitors
- NY Now
When: August 19-23
Where: Javits Center – New York City, NY
Retail buyers in the home, lifestyle and gifts use NY Now as a way to source products every year at this show. Over 400 product categories and 2,400-plus suppliers come to showcase products on four different levels in the heart of New York City.
- Qualified buyers of the trade free to register
- 2,400+ exhibitors
- 38% of buyers source products directly from the show
- Exhibitors include: Cloud9 Design, Freida and Joe and Penguin Random House
When: August 8-9
When: Hotel Pennsylvania – New York City, NY
This is the premier market for surface and textile design and it’s held twice a year in New York. It’s a main resource for several major manufacturers, retailers and catalogs as this show serves as an important outlet for several major industries in the field.
- Men’s, children and women’s apparel all covered
- Design showcases for bed and bath, kitchen and tables, and windows a well
- Showcases and sessions on surface and textile and design
- Exhibitors include: Crush Studio, First2Print, Lewis Orchard and Studio Eleven
- Florida International Medical Expo
When: August 8-10
Where: Orange County Convention Center – Orlando, FL
Hospitals, clinics, manufacturers, dealers, distributors, government reps and more visit this show for trade and healthcare professionals. They come to establish new contacts, look for new suppliers and explore the latest products and technology in the industry.
- 46% senior decision makers attend
- Several regions of the glove represented
- Seminars in medical devices and business skills along with 3D medical printed and point of care testing
- Exhibitors include: APEX Medical Corp, Future Medical Corp, and Mayo Clinic
- Western Foodservice and Hospitality Expo
When: August 27-29
Where: Los Angeles Convention Center – Los Angeles, CA
Attendees get full access to this three days show that features 650+ leading industry suppliers, 30 educations sessions and special events in several food and hospitality realms. There are even 30 free sessions in the food service forum throughout the three days.
- Food Trends Experience
- New product showcase
- Celebrity chefs on hand
- Exhibitors include: Avery Dennison, Butterball Farms, Ecolab, and ServeSafe
- Nursery/Landscape Expo
When: August 10-12
Where: Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center – Dallas, TX
Discover the latest nursery and landscaping products while meeting face-to-face with industry experts. Share new ideas with 32 educations sessions featuring two keynote presentations. This is a one stop market for new ideas, business models and products in landscaping and nursery products.
- Free welcome party
- Women in Horticulture event
- Grower, landscape, retail, irrigation and many more education tracks
- Exhibitors include: Briggs Nursery, Growers Gear ™ and Hudson Tree Farm
- International Billiard and Home Recreation Expo
When: August 2-4
Where: Renaissance and Chicago Hotel & Convention center
300 or more exhibitors are going to bat this who to show off products in class billiards and other recreational furniture and novelty items. It’s the top B2B event for anyone looking to source the latest home leisure products and games as well as discover future trends.
- Social media marketing class
- Visual merchandising 101
- 8-ball tournament
- Exhibitors include: Brunswick, Bay Tek Games, Pool and Billiard Magazine and Tiger Products
- Texas Lifestyle Show
When: August 8-10
Where: Marriot Town Center – Sugarland, TX
This is the largest retail buying show for active lifestyle brands in the Southwest Region. Up to 200 or more brands come to show off their Spring 2018 collections with over 90 booths. This even attracts over 125 or more buyers from popular resorts including private and public country clubs.
- Over 22 ½ hours of show floor hours
- Networking cocktail reception
- Educational roundtable
- Exhibitors include: Callaway, Bobby Jones, Adidas and Lacoste
When: August 12-15
Where: Sands Expo Center – Las Vegas, NV
Companies looking for a place to source retail products at low prices head to one of the most popular wholesale apparel shows in the country. There’s over 500 vendors and 1,300 booths from merchandisers in apparel, footwear, accessories and jewelry.
- Buyers from all over the country and world
- National chains, boutique’s and new businesses all exhibit and attend
- Other industry stores that exhibit: retail, direct seller, golf retailer, health care
- Exhibitors include: HSN, New York Apparel, and Volume Apparel
- National Association of Chain Drug Stores Total Store Expo
When: August 19-22
Where: San Diego Convention Center – San Diego, CA
This show is billed as the “industry’s finest front-end trade show” that drivers marketing and merchandising for chain drug stores with products, business issues and other moving factors.
- Product reviews
- Introduction of new mass marketing of products
- Nearly 1,000 exhibitors and 5,000 attendees
- Exhibitors include: American Biotech Labs, Acosta, ExpressScripts, and SlimFast